New idea for a regular blog series! I know I said that regular series kind of freak me out. But so do non-regular blog posts, as it turns out. It's just hard to write. But I also love writing! It's one of those "what's wrong with you, woman, why can't you just be happy?!" kind of things. NBD.
Every month I'm going to say good-bye to the old month and say hello to the new one. Easy, right?! Just a few thoughts on last month, random anecdotes, major milestones, funny quips. And a few thoughts on my plans/goals/dreams/dream visions for the next month. I'll probably change the format and themes a thousand times, but that's the point of this whole blog, right? (Well, that and being lighthearted. Let us not forget that.)
- My fitness goals: have taken a backseat to this back injury that sprang up. So I'm taking it easy for now and trying to remember that that's okay. (Trying)
- The weekends: will be fairly free. I'd like to inject a lot of fun into each one.
- My to-do list: is fairly short, honestly, for once in my life. Hoping to keep it that way.
- Thanksgiving: will be in Spokane. Tickets are booked! And come Nov. 25th, the travel anxiety will come to get me. But I'm prepared. (to hide under my desk)
- Body image stuff: is on my mind. After the #hmvlifechallenge last summer I was losing weight and feeling great. Now I'm hovering in this 5 pound no-man's-land that I tend to reside in. Is that okay? Maybe. But I'm not ready to give up just yet.
- Holiday season: is NOW, people. Yep, I even played some holiday music on November 1st just so everyone knows it. It's happening, folks! Get your stockings out and hang them up, and then just before Christmas take them down again to dust them off and put them back up just in time for Santa!
- Work-related travel: took over our lives last month. We don't travel for work very much. My hubs and I work at a university, and it just doesn't move locations or open new branches so much. It stays put. So two trips in 1 month?! Wowza.
- My baby: turned 1. GULP.
- My daughter the genius: has been mastering preschool all over the place. She's particularly keen on "Which one of these is not like the others?" worksheets. Sometimes we sit on the couch and ask her about what's different in the pictures, and in those moments, we feel like parenting MASTERS!
- I spoke: to a large audience at work on October 29th about planning large events and camps with risk management in mind. It went over very well. But as with all speaking gigs, I get super excited to do it, then terrified, then exhausted with it, and finally it's time to put on the show.... then it's over! I'm relieved. And now I've been asked to speak at two more things next year (2016), so yay!
- The extended family: visited us in droves. Starting on Oct. 2nd with my dad and step-mom. Then the in-laws for Henry's birthday night. Then my sisters and mom and step-dad for Halloween weekend. That's every person in the next branch of our family tree (parents and sibs). Wow!