I started a 30 Day Challenge group, and it's a-freakin-mazing. I'm going to blog about it, you know, for posterity. But you can also follow along on my Instagram @hmvlife or Twitter or Facebook. The "group" lives on Facebook, and we check in there daily. The rules are simple:
1. Set your own goals
2. Post something to the group every day
3. Encourage others
4. Kick ass
If you like to take pictures, you can join in the photo challenge on FB, Instagram or Twitter. Here is the photo challenge, one word for each day:
I did another 30 Day Challenge with my friend from grade school (thank you Facebook, for these interesting connections). And from these experiences so far I have gleaned a few general observations:
- The 30 day aspect is important. Limit the time, focus the energy. By around day 20 I found it hard to stay committed, but the group helped. After day 30 hardly anyone posted. That's ok. That's why it's limited.
- Wow, so motivating. It is SO motivating to stick to your goals when you have a group of people you're working "with" (even if just online). And posting something every day keeps you in check too.
- Wow, so much learning from others. Our group is smart.
- There's something fun about NOT knowing other people in the group. You don't have to know them personally to support them in what they're doing. And that blind support is kind of exciting and fun.
I'll post more specific updates later. For now, here's a few of the amazing goals that people have set for their 30 Day Challenge aka #hmvlifechallenge
Day 1: Goals.
- Work on core strength
- Eat breakfast every day
- Try 2 classes at my gym
- Eat when I am hungry
- Take 30 minutes to myself each day
- 3 new PRs on the weights
- Track food daily
- Lose 4 lbs
- Lose 20 lbs
- Drink 6 glasses of water a day
- Karate 2x a week
- 28 day squat challenge
- 30 day yoga achallenge
- Try one new recipe each week
- Floss every day
- Half plate veggies at dinner
- Cut added sugar from my diet 5 days/week
...aren't these amazing?!
And lastly, I leave you with this sweet face. Here we go!!